So, I made this Peanutty Dumpling Salad months ago and I can’t get it out of my mind. It’s the perfect Springtime dish and, while I love dumplings in all forms, you have to eat a lot to fill you up. This dish, combines salad and veggies with the dumplings, making it seem like a pretty healthy choice for lunch.
I used Trader Joe’s Shrimp Goyza and for this dish and steamed them. I also used Trader Joe’s frozen edamame and, to make it even easier to whip together, I used Trader Joe’s Spicy Peanut Vinagrette. Pea tendrils and chopped cilantro would be welcome additions to this yummy salad.
This recipe serves 4, so I cut it down accordingly since my husband isn’t a big salad eater. I also added some chopped cabbage to it, for more crunch, as well as some black sesame seeds and chopped Thai Basil. The Trader Joe’s Shrimp Gyoza are 180 calories for three. I put five on my salad.
Peanutty Dumpling SaladCourse: Garden, Healthy, RecipeCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
14 oz. frozen dumplings
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 tsp granulated sugar, divided
3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 5-oz package mixed salad greens
2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick slices
1 cup shelled frozen edamame, thawed
1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
Toasted sesame seeds for serving (optional)
- Cook dumpling according to package directions, preferably pan-frying.
- Whisk oil, soy sauce, vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl or measuring cup. Pour half into a separate small bowl. Add peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons cold water, and remaining 1 teaspoon sugar to first bowl of oil mixture, stirring to combine.
- Chop scallions, reserving 1/4 cup of green part for serving. Place salad greens, carrots, edamame and remaining scallions in a large bowl. Add oil mixture and toss to combine. Transfer to a platter or plates.
- Top salad with dumplings, chopped peanuts and sesame seeds; garnish with reserved scallion greens. Serve with peanut butter mixture for drizzling.
- If you use Trader Joe’s Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette, skip step 2 and just drizzle over assembled salad.
Up Next: My Last State!
One thought on “Peanutty Dumpling Salad”
I’m saving this one. Sounds mouth watering 😋